Endeavour Group: Returning to a stable operating environment
About the author:
- Author name:
- By Alex Lu
- Job title:
- Date posted:
- 16 August 2023, 8:00 AM
- Sectors Covered:
- Endeavour Group's (ASX:EDV) FY23 result overall was marginally softer than expectations.
- Key positives: Group EBIT margin +60bp to 8.6%; Group ROFE +40bp to 11.8%.
- Key negatives: Hotels performance was weaker than forecast as gaming (highest margin) growth slowed and the overall sales mix reverted to pre-COVID levels; Operating cash flow fell 19% to $767m due mainly to increased working capital and tax paid; FY24 net interest guidance was much higher than expected.
- Management said customer trends remain resilient and stable thus far in FY24 with sales for the first six weeks in Retail up 2.5% and Hotels up 4.6%.
- FY24-26F EBIT remains broadly unchanged (-1% to 0%) while underlying NPAT drops by 7% after factoring in higher net interest expense.
- Our target price falls to (login to view) and we maintain our Hold rating.
Find out more
Download full research note
You can find further detailed analysis of company results this reporting season by browsing our reporting season tag, and view a full list of upcoming results on our Reporting Season Calendar.
If you would like more information, please contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office.
Request a call
Find local branch
Disclaimer: The information contained in this report is provided to you by Morgans Financial Limited as general advice only, and is made without consideration of an individual's relevant personal circumstances. Morgans Financial Limited ABN 49 010 669 726, its related bodies corporate, directors and officers, employees, authorised representatives and agents (“Morgans”) do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with any action taken or not taken on the basis of information contained in this report, or for any errors or omissions contained within. It is recommended that any persons who wish to act upon this report consult with their Morgans investment adviser before doing so.
Print this page