Wesfarmers: Lithium is about to come online
About the author:
- Author name:
- By Alex Lu
- Job title:
- Date posted:
- 28 August 2023, 7:30 AM
- Sectors Covered:
- Wesfarmers' (ASX:WES) FY23 result was marginally above our forecasts and in line with Bloomberg consensus.
- Key positives: Kmart Group and Officeworks earnings were ahead of our forecasts; Operating cash flow was up 82%; FY23 DPS of 191cps was comfortably above our forecast (179cps) and Bloomberg consensus (184.5cps).
- Key negatives: Catch losses accelerated to -$163m vs -$88m in the prior year; Group EBIT margin fell 100bps to 8.9%.
- Management’s outlook for the retail businesses was generally positive while WesCEF earnings (ex-lithium) are expected to fall significantly in FY24 due to lower ammonia prices and higher input gas costs.
- We adjust FY24-26F group EBIT by between -2% and +3%, and underlying NPAT by between -3% and 2%.
- Our target price falls slightly to (login to view) and we maintain our Add rating.
Find out more
Download full research note
You can find further detailed analysis of company results this reporting season by browsing our reporting season tag, and view a full list of upcoming results on our Reporting Season Calendar.
If you would like more information, please contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office.
Request a call
Find local branch
Disclaimer: The information contained in this report is provided to you by Morgans Financial Limited as general advice only, and is made without consideration of an individual's relevant personal circumstances. Morgans Financial Limited ABN 49 010 669 726, its related bodies corporate, directors and officers, employees, authorised representatives and agents (“Morgans”) do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with any action taken or not taken on the basis of information contained in this report, or for any errors or omissions contained within. It is recommended that any persons who wish to act upon this report consult with their Morgans investment adviser before doing so.
Print this page