Auto & Parts: CY23 YTD - big June deliveries close out a varied half
About the author:
- Author name:
- By Scott Murdoch
- Job title:
- Senior Analyst
- Date posted:
- 10 July 2023, 7:30 AM
- Sectors Covered:
- Diversified Financials, Professional Services
- Jun-23 new vehicle sales (deliveries) were ~124.9k, +25% on the pcp.
- YTD (6 months) total deliveries of 581.7k are up 8.2% on the pcp. The CY23 run-rate of 1.16m vehicle deliveries is on track to beat the CY22 level of 1.08m.
- High variance across Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) deliveries continues, reflecting specific production and supply chain/port issues. YTD total deliveries are +8.2%; total ex-Tesla +4.3%; top-10 OEMs ex Tesla +0.1% (noting Toyota is -24% YTD).
- Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) were 8.8% of sales in June-23 (7.4% for the 6 months). YTD Tesla deliveries are 25.6k (4.4% of the market) and BYD deliveries are 6.2k (1.1% of the market).
Find out more
Download full research note
If you would like more information, please contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office.
Request a call
Find local branch
Disclaimer: The information contained in this report is provided to you by Morgans Financial Limited as general advice only, and is made without consideration of an individual's relevant personal circumstances. Morgans Financial Limited ABN 49 010 669 726, its related bodies corporate, directors and officers, employees, authorised representatives and agents (“Morgans”) do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with any action taken or not taken on the basis of information contained in this report, or for any errors or omissions contained within. It is recommended that any persons who wish to act upon this report consult with their Morgans investment adviser before doing so.
Print this page