Megaport Limited: Cash burn to cash earn
About the author:
- Author name:
- By Nick Harris
- Job title:
- Senior Analyst
- Date posted:
- 13 July 2023, 7:00 AM
- Sectors Covered:
- Telecommunications, Technology
- Megaport Limited (ASX:MP1) has issued a guidance upgrade due to better than anticipated results in Q4FY23. This will also lead to a guidance upgrade in FY24, although we will have to wait a month or so before this occurs.
- More important is the fact that MP1 generated positive free cash flow in Q4FY23 (both before and after paying redundancy costs of $2.6m in Q4). 10 years after its foundation, MP1 is a global leader and is now generating ~$15m pa FCF (annualising our normalised estimate of Q4FY23 FCF).
- Becoming FCF positive is a huge milestone for MP1. It upgrades the business from a concept stock to a self-funding, cash generative business. The magnitude and speed of this turnaround should be praised. In FY22 MP1 burnt ~$60m of cash. Burn more than halved to ~$25m in FY23 but MP1 exited the year annualising $15m. We expect MP1 to remain FCF positive in FY24 but to invest some of that FCF into sales and marketing spend to re-stimulate revenue growth, in late FY24.
- Add retained; Price Target increased to (login to view).
Find out more
Download full research note
If you would like more information, please contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office.
Request a call
Find local branch
Disclaimer: The information contained in this report is provided to you by Morgans Financial Limited as general advice only, and is made without consideration of an individual's relevant personal circumstances. Morgans Financial Limited ABN 49 010 669 726, its related bodies corporate, directors and officers, employees, authorised representatives and agents (“Morgans”) do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with any action taken or not taken on the basis of information contained in this report, or for any errors or omissions contained within. It is recommended that any persons who wish to act upon this report consult with their Morgans investment adviser before doing so.
Print this page