Ebos Group: Warehouse clearance
About the author:
- Author name:
- By Scott Power
- Job title:
- Senior Analyst
- Date posted:
- 08 June 2023, 6:30 AM
- Sectors Covered:
- Healthcare, Life Sciences
- Ebos Group (ASX:EBO) has announced it has lost the contract to supply wholesale PBS medicines to Chemist Warehouse (CW) from July 2024.
- Across town, Sigma Health (SIG.ASX) announced they have won the contract from July 2024 in addition to continuing its supply for CW’s FMCG component (front-of-house).
- Whilst the loss of this contract is a clear hit to EBO’s top line (~16% in FY25e), it would appear the loss was less to do with execution and more to do with the aggressive terms to secure the contract, and likely significantly lower than what EBO would have been prepared to compete with, in our view.
- The news came as a negative surprise to both investors and management, particularly the timing of the news, which meant details were limited. We expect further news around costs as new strategies are developed over the coming months.
- We have downgraded our EPS forecast by ~16% in FY25. As a result, our valuation has decreased to (login to view). While this is a short-term setback, EBO’s track-record speaks for itself, and we remain comfortable in management’s ability to navigate the changing customer mix. Add maintained.
Find out more
Download full research note
If you would like more information, please contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office.
Request a call
Find local branch
Disclaimer: The information contained in this report is provided to you by Morgans Financial Limited as general advice only, and is made without consideration of an individual's relevant personal circumstances. Morgans Financial Limited ABN 49 010 669 726, its related bodies corporate, directors and officers, employees, authorised representatives and agents (“Morgans”) do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with any action taken or not taken on the basis of information contained in this report, or for any errors or omissions contained within. It is recommended that any persons who wish to act upon this report consult with their Morgans investment adviser before doing so.
Print this page