Flight Centre Travel: Just the start of the upgrade cycle
About the author:
- Author name:
- By Belinda Moore
- Job title:
- Senior Analyst
- Date posted:
- 04 May 2023, 7:00 AM
- Sectors Covered:
- Agriculture, Food & Beverage, Travel and Chemicals
- Flight Centre Travel's (ASX:FLT) trading update highlighted that its volumes continue to recover strongly. In March it delivered post-COVID record TTV (+6% vs March 2019).
- FY23 guidance has been narrowed and slightly upgraded at the mid-point, which is higher than consensus. Given FLT is tracking ‘comfortably within its guidance range’ and with its two biggest months to go, another upgrade is possible.
- FLT is now targeting a 2% NPBT margin for FY25 (was by the end of FY25). This is materially above consensus of 1.5%.
- With greater confidence in the travel recovery and the benefits of FLT’s transformed business model starting to emerge, we think FLT is now at the cusp of an earnings upgrade cycle which may continue for the next few years. We have upgraded our forecasts and move to an Add rating with our new SOTP valuation of (login to view).
Find out more
Download full research note
If you would like more information, please contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office.
Request a call
Find local branch
Disclaimer: The information contained in this report is provided to you by Morgans Financial Limited as general advice only, and is made without consideration of an individual's relevant personal circumstances. Morgans Financial Limited ABN 49 010 669 726, its related bodies corporate, directors and officers, employees, authorised representatives and agents (“Morgans”) do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with any action taken or not taken on the basis of information contained in this report, or for any errors or omissions contained within. It is recommended that any persons who wish to act upon this report consult with their Morgans investment adviser before doing so.
Print this page