Treasury Wine Estates: Now no. 1 in the US luxury wine market
About the author:
- Author name:
- By Belinda Moore
- Job title:
- Senior Analyst
- Date posted:
- 08 November 2023, 7:00 AM
- Sectors Covered:
- Agriculture, Food & Beverage, Travel and Chemicals
- Treasury Wine Estates (ASX:TWE) has announced the acquisition of Paso Robles luxury wine business, DAOU Vineyards (DAOU) for US$900m (A$1.4bn), funded by equity and debt.
- The acquisition is in line with TWE’s premiumisation and growth strategy and will strengthen a key gap in Treasury Americas (TA) portfolio. Importantly, DAOU has generated solid earnings growth and is a high margin business. TWE has consequently upgraded its margins targets. The acquisition is EPS accretive from FY25 and +US$20m of cost synergies are expected by FY26.
- We have upgraded our forecasts. On an FY25F PE of 17.5x, TWE is trading at a material discount to its 5-year average of ~25x and we maintain an Add rating. The key near term catalyst is China removing the tariffs on Australian wine imports.
Find out more
Download full research note
If you would like more information, please contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office.
Request a call
Find local branch
Disclaimer: The information contained in this report is provided to you by Morgans Financial Limited as general advice only, and is made without consideration of an individual's relevant personal circumstances. Morgans Financial Limited ABN 49 010 669 726, its related bodies corporate, directors and officers, employees, authorised representatives and agents (“Morgans”) do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with any action taken or not taken on the basis of information contained in this report, or for any errors or omissions contained within. It is recommended that any persons who wish to act upon this report consult with their Morgans investment adviser before doing so.
Print this page