Coles Group: Looking better value
About the author:
- Author name:
- By Alex Lu
- Job title:
- Date posted:
- 27 October 2023, 8:00 AM
- Sectors Covered:
- Coles Group's (ASX:COL) 1Q24 sales update overall was slightly weaker than anticipated.
- Supermarkets like-for-like (LFL) sales growth was broadly in line with our expectations but Liquor was softer.
- Management said sales growth in both divisions in early 2Q24 was broadly in line with 1Q24.
- We make minimal changes to earnings forecasts.
- Our target price moves down marginally to (login to view).
- With a forecast 12-month TSR of 15%, we upgrade our rating to Add. COL is now trading on 20.1x FY24F PE and 4.4% yield. With management taking steps to reduce total loss and supply chain investments on track with expectations in August, we think the stock is looking more attractive following the recent pullback in the share price.
Find out more
Download full research note
If you would like more information, please contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office.
Request a call
Find local branch
Disclaimer: The information contained in this report is provided to you by Morgans Financial Limited as general advice only, and is made without consideration of an individual's relevant personal circumstances. Morgans Financial Limited ABN 49 010 669 726, its related bodies corporate, directors and officers, employees, authorised representatives and agents (“Morgans”) do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with any action taken or not taken on the basis of information contained in this report, or for any errors or omissions contained within. It is recommended that any persons who wish to act upon this report consult with their Morgans investment adviser before doing so.
Print this page