ALS: Resilience sets up a bright future
About the author:
- Author name:
- By Alexander Mees
- Job title:
- Co-Head of Research and Senior Analyst
- Date posted:
- 17 November 2023, 7:00 AM
- Sectors Covered:
- Gaming and Retail
- FY23 earnings were broadly in line with consensus expectations. Revenue was slightly above forecast, but this was partly offset by the effect of increased design and development expenditure. FY23 NPATA was up 13.0% in constant currency terms to $1,327m, 3.9% above our forecast.
- Growth moderated in FY23, and we expect further moderation in FY24 as trading conditions normalise after the post-lockdown surge in demand for land-based gaming. We think the worst is over for Pixel United, though, and expect growth to turn positive in the years ahead. FY24F NPATA is largely unchanged at $1,382m. Our forecast implies constant currency growth of 1.6%.
- We retain an Add rating. Our target price comes down to (login to view), mainly due to the use of a higher weighted-average cost of capital (WACC). Aristocrat has significant long-term growth prospects, a high ROIC business model and a strong balance sheet.
Find out more
Download full research note
If you would like more information, please contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office.
Request a call
Find local branch
Disclaimer: The information contained in this report is provided to you by Morgans Financial Limited as general advice only, and is made without consideration of an individual's relevant personal circumstances. Morgans Financial Limited ABN 49 010 669 726, its related bodies corporate, directors and officers, employees, authorised representatives and agents (“Morgans”) do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with any action taken or not taken on the basis of information contained in this report, or for any errors or omissions contained within. It is recommended that any persons who wish to act upon this report consult with their Morgans investment adviser before doing so.
Print this page