GrainCorp: What to do with all this cash?
About the author:
- Author name:
- By Belinda Moore
- Job title:
- Senior Analyst
- Date posted:
- 17 November 2023, 8:00 AM
- Sectors Covered:
- Agriculture, Food & Beverage, Travel and Chemicals
- GrainCorp's (ASX:GNC) FY23 result was down on the record pcp however it still posted a commendable result with strong operating cashflow and a large core cash position the key highlights. This allowed it to reward shareholders with a large dividend and A$50m share buyback.
- With ABARES forecasting a ~29% decline for the 2023/24 east coast winter grain crop (FY24 earnings), moderating grain marketing and oil crush margins and no more UMG revaluations, earnings are likely to materially decline in FY24.
- While GNC is worth materially more than the current share price, with earnings declining in FY24 and the potential for the company to utilise most of its core cash position in a new oilseed crush facility, we maintain a Hold rating.
Find out more
Download full research note
If you would like more information, please contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office.
Request a call
Find local branch
Disclaimer: The information contained in this report is provided to you by Morgans Financial Limited as general advice only, and is made without consideration of an individual's relevant personal circumstances. Morgans Financial Limited ABN 49 010 669 726, its related bodies corporate, directors and officers, employees, authorised representatives and agents (“Morgans”) do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with any action taken or not taken on the basis of information contained in this report, or for any errors or omissions contained within. It is recommended that any persons who wish to act upon this report consult with their Morgans investment adviser before doing so.
Print this page