Webjet: COVID well and truly in the rear-view mirror
About the author:
- Author name:
- By Belinda Moore
- Job title:
- Senior Analyst
- Date posted:
- 23 November 2023, 7:00 AM
- Sectors Covered:
- Agriculture, Food & Beverage, Travel and Chemicals
- Webjet (ASX:WEB) reported a strong 1H24 result which beat expectations. The performance from WebBeds which posted a record result (bookings are 50% ahead of pre-COVID levels), its industry leading margins and strong operating cashflow were the highlights of the result.
- Outlook commentary was upbeat, however the war has had an impact on bookings in the last six weeks. FY24 EBITDA guidance was in line with our forecast however if the impact from the war is short lived, it could prove conservative.
- With plenty of market share still to win, we maintain an Add rating on this high quality growth stock. Based on our forecasts, WEB is trading on a FY25F PE of 15.8x, which is materially below its five-year average PE (pre-COVID) of 20.6x.
Find out more
Download full research note
If you would like more information, please contact your adviser or nearest Morgans office.
Request a call
Find local branch
Disclaimer: The information contained in this report is provided to you by Morgans Financial Limited as general advice only, and is made without consideration of an individual's relevant personal circumstances. Morgans Financial Limited ABN 49 010 669 726, its related bodies corporate, directors and officers, employees, authorised representatives and agents (“Morgans”) do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with any action taken or not taken on the basis of information contained in this report, or for any errors or omissions contained within. It is recommended that any persons who wish to act upon this report consult with their Morgans investment adviser before doing so.
Print this page